Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 6

I had a moment last night. I had finished my work out and was pulling out of the parking lot when I smelled it. The familiar smell of red meat being grilled at a restaurant nearby. I can live without chicken and pork and turkey. I could even imagine giving up shell fish if push came to shove. But red meat was always my favorite. That smell was embedded in my memory for at least 15 minutes. Now I know what it means when a junkie has a drug dream soon after they go in to recovery.

I handled it well though. I remembered that going meatless is something that feels very important to me. This is a project that I want to see through. There's no way I'm giving in on day 5 just because some grill is beckoning me to come partake. I went home, grabbed some pasta, vodka sauce and Trader Joe's flame broiled meatless meatballs and made myself dinner. In the end, I felt proud of myself for not giving in to the temptation.

I think my body is going through some adjustments though. My stomach feels a little off and I wonder if it is simply trying to process all of the tofu. I'm sure it's a shock to my system to actually be eating healthy. Imagine that!

Dinner tonight might be Tofu Pad Thai. I've researched a bunch of recipes on line and this is one that calls to me. Quandary of the moment: where in the hell do I find fish sauce and tamarind paste?

1 comment:

  1. look in the Oriental section sometimes you can find it ther, but knowing you I bet you can create your own version.


    peace and hugs

    ReplyDelete