Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 5

It's Day 5. So far, so good. There are two things I love: tofu and stir fry. Last night, I decided to make a stir fry. I love this method of cooking. It's such a pleasure to go through the rythm of chopping up vegetables and putting each item in its own little bowl until it's time to cook. I made a chicken stirfry for everyone else. I made a tofu stir fry for me. I simply got out two skillets and divided the vegetables between them. When my daughter came in to the kitchen, she saw the tofu cooking. She said, "Mom, is this what you'll be existing on for the next year??!!". She said it with such distain. I told her that tofu was just one of the many things I'll be eating. "Yeah, good luck with THAT" and she turned and left the kitchen. Today's mantra: I will not be deterred by a 10 year old (but just for a minute, it was the presence of my mother standing there berating me for no meat.



My usual morning ritual is to make a green smoothie with kale, fresh fruit, wheat germ, coconut oil and Omega Lemon Swirl. But this morning, I decided to shift things around by adding some extra protein. I made a banana chocolate peanut butter shake with chocolate protein powder, coconut oil and vanilla soy milk. I'll make the green smoothie for a late afternoon boost.

1 comment: