Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 20

It's day 20. I was sitting here this morning surrounded by 2 amazing vegetarian cookbooks and my binder filled with recipes I've been collecting over the past few months. I'd like to say that I'm cooking from these sources daily but the truth of the matter is this: my life is hectic these days. Lately, it seems we're all eating on the fly at my house. The one thing I do find important is to have fresh produce on hand and a block of tofu. I don't have time these days to labor over recipes. I'm in to the art of the quick cook. I do envision more time to test lots of recipes from my cookbooks in the upcoming summer months. But for now, I'm finding it crucial to have the basics on hand for quick healthy dinners. Ingredients like nuts, rice, tofu and loads of fresh veggies. I'm slowly building my pantry.

Last night, I gathered my key ingredients:

Mustard coated tofu:

A quick stir fry of peppers, mushrooms and bean sprouts:

I ended up with a very quick and delicious meal. Check out the onion chives on my potato....fresh from my herb box.

3 comments:

  1. Looks very yummy Jane! I salivated at that mustard covered tofu. WOW! Blessings and love, O

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow for such a quick meal it looks wonderful can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could totally go vegetarian if you came and cooked for me everyday! Everything here looks AWESOME! I've already raved about your Kale chips on Rock Paper Scissors, LOL. I don't think Breen or the Kids would miss you at all, I'll fly ya out! =) hahahaha

    I've cut out ALL red meat, fish (easy I don't eat fish) but I still struggle with Chicken and turkey. I need to visit a Chicken farm I think and just turn myself off of it. Chicken wings and beer are my enemy! LOL

    Tell me more about your "Green Smoothies" I wanna start blending up some tasty concoctions!

    ReplyDelete