Friday, June 26, 2009

A simple lunch



I suppose I should be writing daily posts here. I also suppose I should be highlighting gourmet vegetarian recipes. But...time goes by quickly and I don't always find myself with much time in the kitchen playing with food. One thing I love about summer is the abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables. Last night I grilled some over sized cherry tomatoes, asparagus and peppers. In the past, I've felt lukewarm about leftovers but not anymore. I couldn't wait to refrigerate my leftover grilled vegetables because I knew that this morning they would taste even better after soaking up the flavors of olive oil, garlic and sea salt. Oh, and did I mention the leftover mashed potatoes from last night too? How could I not whip up an omelet and mashed potato pancakes for lunch today? So quick and easy AND I'm getting all the yummy protein and vitamins that my body needs.

1 comment: